This recipe is perfect for family get togethers and your large Slow Cooker. The only part done outside of the slow cooker is softening the veggies.
*If you have a small Slow Cooker, we suggest halving the recipe*
*If you don't have a Slow Cooker, you can always make this in a large dutch oven.
For this batch
- 2 bags of Italian Mix
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (or other neutral oil - avocado is also nice)
- 1large sweet onion - diced
- 1 carrot - diced (or more if you like)
- 1 rib celery - diced (or more if you like)
- 1 1/4C dry white wine (or veg broth)
- 1 C plant-based milk - we used Cashew
- 2 - 28 ounce cans diced tomatoes with juice (use a hand blender to smooth them out if you want a less chunky consistency)
- 4 Tbsp tomato paste (about 1 small tin)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp pepper (to taste)
In a dutch oven or skillet, cook onion over medium heat until soft. Add garlic, carrot & celery and cook about 5 more minutes until they are soft, then transfer to the Slow Cooker.
Now - add all of the remaining ingredients and stir. Yes, it will seem soupy, but trust us. Save the Italian mix for last - sprinkle it over the wet ingredients and stir. Cover your slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
Serve over top of your favourite pasta
Enjoy this recipe? Tag us @myrnasfoods or use the hashtag #myrnasfoods to share your creations with us on social media